Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
You may be asked to provide your personal information anytime you are in contact with us. You are not required to provide the personal information that we have requested, but, if you chose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to respond to any questions that you may have or act on reports of abuse, cheating, hacking, criminal misconduct, etc.
This Policy does not apply to services offered by other companies or individuals, including products or sites that may be displayed to you on our website or PixelPortal dashboard. We do not control the privacy policies or privacy settings on third-party sites or social networks.
What personal information we collect
- When you create a PixelPortal account, connect to our game server, contact us via social media or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, email address, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, location information, profile information where the contact is via social media. We do not share any of the aforementioned information with third parties.
- We log your IP address when you connect to our game server to help prevent malicious or inappropriate activities. Only administrators can view your IP address on the website. Administrators and moderators can view your IP address on the PixelFish Club game server.
- We log your Minecraft UUID and character name along with all in-game text communications to include private messages and in-game commands performed by you on our game server. This information is maintained in our server logs. Only administrators have access to these logs.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on our latest community announcements, server updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt-out or unsubscribe at anytime by updating your PixelPortal account preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our community, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes. We may also use your personal information for account and network security purposes, including in order to protect our services for the benefit of all our users, and pre-screening or scanning uploaded content for potentially illegal content, including child sexual exploitation material.
- From time to time, we may use your email address to send important notices, such as communications about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with PixelFish Club, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve the way we develop and refine community rules, and player communications.
Source of your personal information where they are not collected from you
- We log your in-game character name and UUID when you vote using external third party websites. Minecraft UUIDs are integrated directly with your PixelPortal account and are used to identify you on our server.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We do collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as language, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where a website visitor is accessed from so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our community, content, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our website and portal, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our online services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Disclosure to Third Parties
- It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for PixelFish Club to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you, but only where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our community or users. This could include providing information to public or governmental authorities.
Protection of Personal Information
- We use SSL/TLS security to encrypt all communication and information you provide to us using our website or online PixelPortal dashboard.
- The content you share on PixelPortal and the game server is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting or through in-game chat, that information is public. Please take care when disclosing your personal information in a public forum.
Children & Education
- Our Services are intended for a general audience and are not directed to children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect information for any child under the age of 13. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 13 and have a concern regarding your child’s information on our website or game server, please contact us.
Third‑Party Sites and Services
- Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
When a privacy question or question about personal information is received we have a dedicated team which triages your incident to address your issue. Where your issue may be more substantive in nature, we may request more information from you. All such substantive contacts receive a response within seven (7), days wherever possible - providing a response on the issue raised, requesting additional information where necessary or indicating that a response will require additional time. You may at any time refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction if you are unsatisfied with a reply received from us. If you ask us, we will endeavor to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.
Where your complaint indicates an improvement could be made in our handling of privacy issues we will take steps to make such an update at the next reasonable opportunity. In the event that a privacy issue has resulted in a negative impact on you or another person we will take steps to address that with you or that other person.